How to Bypass a Forgotten Windows 8 Password
How to bypass the password on Windows 8 if you forgot it? If you have no idea about it, you can take the following information for reference. This article shows you some feasible methods to bypass a forgotten Windows 8 password.
Part 1. Sign in 8 with picture password or PIN
In addition to the traditional password, you can also add a picture password or PIN to protect a Windows 8 user account. So when you forgot Windows 8 password, you can easily bypass the lost Windows 8 password by signing in with the previously created picture password or PIN.
Go to the Windows 8 logon screen, select the "target user account" -> click the "Sign-in options" link to display the picture password and PIN login methods -> Select one of them and access Windows 8.
Part 2. Reset forgotten Windows 8 password
In Windows 8 you are required to a password hint for remembering the password you've setup. Try to recall what your password is through the clues offered by the password hint.
Password hint doesn't work any more? Then why not try some Windows password recovery programs? Among all the Windows password reset tools on market, Windows Password Unlocker is the most popular one. With this useful application, you can easily create a boot password reset disk in seconds to reset forgotten local administrator and user passwords for Windows 8. It also works for Windows 7/Vista/XP/2008/2003/2000.
With the burned boot password reset disk, you can reset the lost Windows 8 password in one minute as follows:
- Step 1. Insert the boot disk in the PC you want to reset password of.
- Step 2. Start the PC from the boot password reset disk.
- Step 3. Select the Windows 8 user account you want to reset password of, and click Burn button.
- Step 4. Click Reboot button to restart computer once the password is removed. Remove the inserted boot disk during restarting.
- Step 5. Sign into Windows 8 without password when the logon screen appears.
Part 3. Other optional methods also available
As to reset your password on Windows 8 laptop, the below ways can do a lot for you. But before get back your Windows password, you need to have a glance whether you have gotten these devices in advance.
- 1. A previously-created Windows 8 password reset disk.
- 2. Another admin account on the same computer.
- 3. Windows live account login. (view more...)
By the way, you may also take some freeware to recover your Windows 8 password, like Ophcrack. Ophcrack is the most preferred utility. It allows you to recover Windows passwords by using LM hashes through rainbow tables. Go to its official site to check out whether it supports to recover Windows 8 password now.
Get it Now