How to Change Windows Password on Windows 7/Vista/XP?
Setting a password on Windows 7/Vista/XP can add a level of security to your computer. So an available suggestion is to set a password on Windows. In addition, it is highly recommended to change Windows password regularly, which is a good habit to keep your PC security. Here are some simple methods to recover forgotten Windows password among Windows7/Vista/XP once you can not log on with a wrong password.
Method 1: Change Windows password with Control Panel.
The steps to change Windows password are different on different Windows OS. The following steps are based on Windows 7 password reset.
Step 1. Click Start, Control Panel and User Accounts in order.
Step 2. Pick the specified Windows account whose password you want to change.
Step 3. Click on Change the password.
Step 4. Enter your current password and type a new password, and then click Change Password button.
Note: you may need appropriate privileges to change the password of another user.
Method 2: Change Windows password by Pressing Ctrl +Alt +Del.
It is the easiest way to change Windows password for Windows XP
1. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del when you log onto your Windows XP/7/Vista PC.
2. Click on Change password.
3. Type your new password, type your new password to confirm it, and then press Enter.
1. If your press Ctrl+ Alt +Del when you log onto your Windows XP, it will show you the classic security options instead. Click Change Password to change Windows XP password of the logged on user.
2. If the security options does not appear. Task Manager shows up instead of the security options. Just go to Start, Control Panel, User Accounts and Change the way Users Log on or off. And then uncheck Use the Welcome Screen.
3. Only when you logon the PC with an available admin account and password can you change Windows XP password with the method.
Method 3: Change Windows password with lusrmgr.msc
The following steps are operated to change Windows Vista password.
1. Click Start button and input lusrmgr.msc into the Search box.
2. In the coming Local Users and Groups screen, double-click Local Users and Groups, and then click Users.
3.Right-click the account that you need to reset the password for, and then click Set Password.
4. Type and confirm the new password.
Method 4: Change Windows Password with Windows Password Recovery Toolkit
Windows Password Unlocker Standard allows you to change lost or forgotten password on Windows 7/Vista/XP.You can adopt this method to reset Windows password when you are locked out of computer without a password reset disk.
1. Download Windows Password Unlocker Standard and install it in any accessible computer.
2. Run the program and insert a bootable CD/DVD.
3. Burn an ISO image file to the CD/DVD.
4. Set your locked computer to boot form CD/DVD.
5. Change Windows password with the burned CD/DVD.
By the way, if you have a USB flash drive at hand, things will get more convenient with Windows Password Unlocker Professional.
These are the simple methods can be applied to change Windows password on Windows 7/Vista/ XP. Of course, there are some other ways for your choice. Please remember your changed password. It is easy for one to get the Windows password lost after changing it. Otherwise, you'll need to bypass forgotten Windows password with Method 4 if you are locked out of computer.
Get it Now