How to Create a Windows Vista Password Reset Disk for Free?
Creating a Windows Vista password reset disk can really come in handy if you forgot Windows password on Windows Vista accounts. You can easily reset your password and get right in to Windows Vista with it.
Be proactive in creating a password reset disk now. Then you will find that forgetting the password is no longer a crisis with the help of a password reset disk.
Follow the easy steps below to create a password reset disk for your Windows Vista account:
- Step 1: Click on Start and then Control Panel.
- Step 2: Click on the User Accounts and Family Safety link.
- Note: You will not see this link while you’re viewing the Control Panel under Large icons or Small icons mode. To solve this, simply double-click on the User Accounts icon and proceed to Step 4.
- Step 3: Click on the User Accounts link.
- Step 4: In the task pane on the left, click the Create a password reset disk link.
- Step 5: When the Forgotten Password Wizard window appears, click Next.
- Note: You will need a portable media before creating the password reset disk. This means that you will need a flash drive or a floppy disk drive and a blank floppy disk. Important: You will not be able to use a blank CD or DVD as a password reset disk in Windows Vista.
- Step 6: Create a password key disk in the following drive: drop down box, choose the portable media drive to create the password reset disk. Click Next to continue.
- Step 7: With the disk or other media still in the drive, enter your current account password in the text box and click Next.
- Step 8:When the progress indicator shows 100% complete, click Next and then click Finish in the next window.
- Step 9: You can now remove the flash drive or floppy disk from your computer. Label the Windows Vista Password Reset Disk and store it in a safe place.
By the way, Windows Password Unlocker is professionally designed to help you recover lost or forgotten Windows local password and domain password. It allows you to regain access to computer by burning a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive to remove forgotten password. And there are 3 different editions to meet your actual needs for Windows password recovery.
You can also learn more about:
- How to Create a Windows 7 Password Reset Disk for Free?
- How to Create a Windows XP Password Reset Disk for Free?
Get it Now