How to Create a Windows 7 Password Reset Disk for Free?
There are so many ways to recover your forgotten Windows password without a password reset disk. You can download a well-known freeware like Ophcrack, or reset Windows password with the Command Prompt. However, they're either complicated or time consuming.
A Windows password reset disk would come in handy if you forgot Windows 7 password to log onto your PC on Windows 7/XP/Vista, which allows to reset Windows password easily and all the data or files are preserved in your laptop securely.
Well, this article is devided into 3 parts to create a password reset disk among Windows 7/XP/Vista. Just follow the tutorials and then DIY a password reset disk.
Steps to Create a Windows 7 password Reset Disk
- Step 1: Click on "Start" and then choose Control Panel in Windows 7.
- Step 2: Click on the "User Accounts and Family Safety".
Note: You will not see this link while you’re viewing the Control Panel under Large icons or Small icons mode. Then double-click on the User Accounts icon and proceed to Step 4.
- Step 3: Click on the "User Accounts".
Note: Make sure that there is a portable media being connected on the computer to create the password reset disk before you proceed. This means that you will need a flash drive or a floppy disk drive and a blank floppy disk. You cannot create a Windows 7 password reset disk with a CD/DVD or external hard drive.
- Step 4: In the task pane on the left, click Create a password reset disk.
Note: If you get a No Drive warning message at this time, it shows that you have not got a floppy disk or USB flash drive connected onto your PC. You’ll need to do this before continuing.
- Step 5: When the Forgotten Password Wizard appears, click "Next".
- Step 6: Choose the portable media drive to create a Windows 7 password reset disk . And then click "Next" to continue.
- Step 7: With the disk or other media still in the drive, enter your current account password in the text box and click "Next".
- Step 8: Windows 7 now start to create the password reset disk. Click "Next" and then click "Finish" in the next window when the progress indicator shows 100% complete.
- Step 9: You can now remove the flash drive or floppy disk from your computer. Label the created Windows 7 Password Reset disk and store it in a safe place.
Furthermore, you can also create a Windows password reset disk with Windows password recovery software, like Windows Password Unlocker, which allows you to reset your forgotten Windows 7 password with the burned CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
- As a Windows XP user, learn how to create a Windows XP password reset disk.
- If you have a Windows Vista laptop, learn how to create a Windows Vita password reset disk.
Get it Now