How to Create and Use Windows 8 Password Reset Disk?
Forgetting Windows password is a common PC problem now. Windows 8, just like Windows 7/Vista/XP, also comes with the useful "Create a password reset disk" ability to help you easily fix this problem. Here's a simple tutorial on how to create a Windows 8 password reset disk as well as how to reset your forgotten Windows 8 password with the created disk. In the end, there's a alternative solution if you forgot Windows 8 password without a password reset disk.
Before getting started, please note that the password reset disk must be created before you forgot your password and this feature is only available for Windows 8 local user accounts.
How to create a Windows 8 password reset disk?
- Step 1: Log on to the Windows 8 local user account that you want to create a password reset disk for.
- Step 2: Move the mouse pointer to the top right corner of any connected display screen to bring up the charms bar, then select Search charm.
- Step 3: On the coming Search page, select Settings option under the search box, then enter "User Accounts" in the search box. The User Accounts option will appear in the left. At that time, select User Accounts.
- Step 4: When the User Accounts window appears, click "Create a password reset" link on the left pane.
- Step 5: The Forgotten Password Wizard will come up. Insert a USB drive in your computer, then click "Next" button on the wizard.
- Step 6: Follow the step-by-step Forgotten Password Wizard guides to create a Windows 8 password reset disk in seconds.
As to create a password reset disk in Windows 8, you can read the reference on "How to Create a Windows 7 Password Reset Disk for Free?"
How to use Windows 8 password reset disk?
With a Windows 8 password reset disk, you can easily change your password in seconds when you forgot it. Once you've typed the wrong password, Windows 8 will show you the error message that "The password is incorrect. Try again." After clicking the OK button, Windows 8 will show the password hint and a "Reset password" link below the login box (see below screenshot).
At that time, insert your Windows 8 password reset disk in the computer, and then click the "Reset password" link and it will bring up the Password Reset Wizard. Follow the wizard guides and reset your forgotten Windows 8 password in seconds.
What if you forgot Windows 8 password without password reset disk?
The Create a password reset disk is useful to avoid troubles caused by a forgotten Windows password, but many users ignore or don't know this feature. So what to do if you forgot Windows 8 password without a password reset disk?
A commonly-used way is to resort to additional Windows password reset programs. Windows Password Unlocker is a well-known one preferred by most users. This tool allows you to create a bootable Windows password reset disk with CD/DVD or USB flash drive in seconds to reset any forgotten Windows password, including local administrator, domain administrator and other user passwords for Windows 7/Vista/XP and Window server 2008(R2)/2003(R2)/2000. Most importantly, it takes you only 5 minutes to reset Windows 7 password, Vista password, etc. regardless of your computer level and the forgotten password strength.
Currently, Windows Password Unlocker doesn't support Windows 8, but the Windows 8 password recovery feature will be soon available.
Get it Now