How to Unlock Computer If I Forgot Windows Password?
Problem: I Forgot My Windows Password, How to Unlock It?
What should I do if I forgot my Windows login password? A few days ago, I have changed my password and now I cannot remember it any more. I am the only user with the administrator account. How could I log into my computer again? (I am on another computer now obviously).
Have you ever met with the similar trouble? It seems to be a universal phenomenon that users forgot Windows password with different reasons. The following is the collection of Windows password forgotten problems.
- » I stupidly forgot my Windows 7 password, how can I remove or reset it?
- » What should I do if I forgot the password on Windows 8 and there is no reset disk or another available admin account?
- » What can I do if I forgot administrator password for Windows Vista?
- » I forgot administrator password and how to recover it without re-installing?
Solution: Reset Forgotten Windows Password with A Third Party
To resolve these problems, you can simply change or reset forgotten Windows password with a Windows password reset disk. A password reset disk is a flash drive configured with your current when you ever forget it. It acts as a key to unlock the account. But the problem is that we often forgot to create a password reset disk and cannot log on computer with any user account.
Another common solution is to use a third party software, just take Windows Password Unlocker for example. It can help you remove lost Windows password including Windows administrator, user and domain password on Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000/2003(R2)/2008(R2), etc. with a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive in hand.
How to Start: Steps to Unlock Forgotten Windows Password
The following is a guide on how to unlock computer with a USB flash drive(an writable CD/DVD also available) when forgot Windows login password. It is very easy to use and just takes less than 5 minutes.
Note: Things you need to prepare in advance:
- A bootable USB flash drive
- A good mood for password reset
- A few minutes to wait for password recovery
- Step 1: Download and install Windows Password Unlocker Professional in any computer that can run as administrator.(an bootable CD/DVD is also available)
- Step 2: Start the application and insert the USB flash drive in computer and select your target USB flash drive, and then click the Burn button to start burning.
- Step 3: Click OK when burning process is completed, and take the USB flash drive out of computer.
- Step 4: Insert the burned USB flash drive to your locked computer and set the computer to boot from USB.
- Step 5: Select the specified Windows account you want to recover, and then click Reset button.
- Step 6: Click Yes to continue, and click OK when password has been successfully reset.
Not clear? Get more details here to How to Reset Windows password with Windows Password Unlocker Professional.
Next time, if you lost Windows local password or administrator password, you can follow the steps above to reset Windows password. Of course, do not forget to create a password reset disk when you can log on computer again.
Get it Now