How to Regain Access to Your Computer When Forgot Windows 7 Password?
Just as the old saying goes, every coin has two sides. Windows password can help PC users protect the valuable data on computer; while it can be annoying once forgot Windows password. If you are a Windows 7 user, so what should you regain access to computer when forgot password on Windows 7?
We offer 4 options to reset the forgotten Windows 7 password as follow:
- Option 1: Windows Password Reset Wizard
- Option 2: Windows Password Unlocker
- Option 3: Ophcrack & PC Logon Now
- Option 4: Reset Password in Safe Mode
In fact that Windows password can be easily forgotten or lost, so it is necessary to create a Windows 7 password reset disk in advance. Now, follow these steps and tips to take the created password reset disk for your password recovery.
- Step 1: Start your computer and log Windows 7. When typing an incorrect password, you will be reminded. Get back to insert your password reset disk in the PC and click Reset password.
- Step 2: When the Password Reset Wizard appears, click Next to continue.
- Step 3: Select your target disk and click Next.
- Step 4: Input a new password two times and type the password hint (Optional), click Next.
- Step 5: Click Finish, and you can log on with the new password.
Learn more about it, visit the tutorial on how to create a Windows 7 password reset disk.
You can also remove or change the forgotten password with a highly appreciated Windows password reset software, which allows you to reset the forgotten Windows 7 password by burning a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
Windows Password Unlocker is a professional tool to reset lost Windows domain password, administrator or user password with ease. It provides a fast and secure solution to remove forgotten password of Windows 7/ XP/ Vista/2000/2003/2008. You can reset the forgotten password on Windows 7 with just 3 steps.
- Step 1:Download Windows Password Unlocker Professional on any PC you can access to.
- Step 2: Burn a bootable CD/DVD/USB drive with this program in minutes.
- Step 3: Reset forgotten Windows 7 password on your own.
If you forgot password on Windows 7 and don't have a password reset disk, how to deal with the problem? Take ease and choose one of an efficient freeware from website. And the recommended one is Ophcrack as it is said to be the best free of charge Windows password recovery tool.
Ophcrack is an open source (GPL licensed) program that can reset Windows passwords by using LM hashes through rainbow tables. The program includes the ability to import the hashes from a variety of formats, including dumping directly from the SAM files of Windows. It is claimed that these tables can crack 99.9% of alphanumeric passwords of up to 14 characters in usually a few minutes.
Safe Mode is a special way for Windows to load when there is a system-critical problem that interferes with the normal operation of Windows. Here, we would like to recommend the way on how to reset the forgotten password for Win 7 from Safe Mode.
Once you have entered into Safe Mode with , you can reset the forgotten password with the following steps:
- Step 1: Log in as Administrator by entering the administrator password in the "Password" field
- Step 2: Click the "Start" button, and open "Local Users and Groups" by typing "lusrmgr.msc" in "Search" box
- Step 3: On the coming Local Users and Groups Window, click Local Users and Groups ->Users in order.
- Step 4: Right-click the account that you need to reset the password for, and then click Set Password
- Step 5: Type and confirm the new password
- Step 6: Restart your computer and login with the new password
Note: If you take this method in use, the precise is that you have got another available adminstrative account and password already.
If you lost Windows 7 password and still cannot log on your computer with the above options, you need to have a learn installation on your computer. It is the last choice for most PC users as it may overwrite much of the information on your computer. Just insert the Windows 7 boot disk into your computer's CD-ROM drive and restart it. Once the computer is running, follow the onscreen instructions to boot from disk and to reinstall Windows 7.
Get it Now