How to Regain Access to Your Computer When Forgot Windows 7 Password?
Just as the old saying goes that every coin has two sides. A strong login password to Windows can effectively password protect your laptop and stop unauthorized users, whereas it will lock yourself out of your PC once Windows password forgotten. As a Windows 7 user, what will you do to regain access to computer when forgot password on Windows 7?
Here we show you 4 easy options to reset Windows 7 forgot password as follows: (Some of these options also work when you forgot password in Windows XP and Vista.)
- Option 1: Windows Password Reset Wizard
- Option 2: Windows Password Unlocker
- Option 3: Ophcrack & PC Logon Now
- Option 4: Reset Password in Safe Mode
Windows 7 password forgotten is really common today! But never to worry about it if you create a password reset disk after password protecting your PC. Forgot password Windows 7 at the moment? Take out this disk, insert it in the target PC and reset the lost password as follows:
- Step 1:Type an incorrect password on the Windows 7 login screen to bring up the Reset password link that will present below the password box (see screenshot below). Click on the Reset password to continue.
- Step 2: When the Password Reset Wizard appears, click Next to continue.
- Step 3: Select your target disk and click Next.
- Step 4: Input a new password two times and type the password hint (Optional), click Next.
- Step 5: Click Finish, and you can log on with the new password.
Forgot password for Windows 7 no reset disk? That'll not be a nightmare! Windows password reset software makes it possible for you to burn a boot password reset USB/DVD/DVD to reset the forgotten Windows 7.
Windows Password Unocker is a well-known tool to reset forgotten password for Windows that comes with both Windows and Mac versions. It can not only reset administrator password in Windows 7/8/Vista/XP, but also domain password for Windows server domain controllers. And only 3 simple steps are needed to reset the forgotten on Windows 7, etc.
- Step 1:Download Windows Password Unlocker Professional on any PC you can access to.
- Step 2: Burn a bootable CD/DVD/USB drive with this program in minutes.
- Step 3: Reset forgotten Windows 7 password on your own.
Looking for a free way to reset password in Windows 7? You should not miss the free Ophcrack password recovery tool. Or you can have at the top 6 free windows password recovery solutions we’ve talked about before if this freeware isn’t suitable for your case.
Ophcrack is an open source (GPL licensed) program that can recover Windows 7 administrator and other user password by using LM hashes through rainbow tables. The program includes the ability to import the hashes from a variety of formats, including dumping directly from the SAM files of Windows. It is claimed that these tables can crack 99.9% of alphanumeric passwords of up to 14 characters in usually a few minutes.
Safe Mode might be the first thing that will come into your mind whenever you run into computer problems. I believe it will be no exception when you forgot Windows 7 password. Actually, you can easily reset forgotten password Windows 7 in safe mode, provided that you can access your computer in safe mode through another admin account.
Turn on your PC and tap F8 repeatedly to get into your Windows 7 computer in safe mode and then reset forgotten Win 7 password as follows:
- Step 1: Log in as Administrator by entering the administrator password in the "Password" field
- Step 2: Click the "Start" button, and open "Local Users and Groups" by typing "lusrmgr.msc" in "Search" box
- Step 3: On the coming Local Users and Groups Window, click Local Users and Groups ->Users in order.
- Step 4: Right-click the account that you need to reset the password for, and then click Set Password
- Step 5: Type and confirm the new password
- Step 6: Restart your computer and login with the new password
I bet you can easily solve the Windows 7 password lost problem by using one of the options listed above. Of all the solutions, shareware Windows Password unlocker is proved to be the most effective, easy and instant password reset way for Windows. If you are computer newbie or need to back into your computer urgently, you can try it.
Of course, the password recovery Windows 7 solutions are not limited to these options. For example, you can do system restore or clean reinstall of your computer system if you don’t mind losing the computer data. You can also reset forgotten windows password with a Linux Live CD.
Get it Now