Things You Need to Know If You Forgot Windows 8 Password
A strong Windows login password gives a layer of protection to your confidential data, but it might be difficult for you to keep track of it. What to do if you forgot Windows password, especially when you forgot Windows 8 password?
If you sign in with Microsoft account, please go to Microsoft account sign-in webpage and reset it. If you sign in with a local user account, following information will do you a favor.
Like its predecessors, Windows 8 allows you to create a password hint and password reset disk ahead of forgetting the password. What's more, it enables you to create a picture password and PIN as a supplement of its password. So when you forgot Windows 8 password, you can get back or login Windows PC with the following methods:
- Recover Windows 8 password through the password hint.
- Reset Windows 8 password with a previously-created password reset disk.(Learn more ...)
- Get back in Windows 8 by taking its picture password or PIN logon.
- Reset Windows 8 password using another admin account.(Learn more...)
Recommendation: Windows Password Unlocker
The Windows 8 password recovery methods listed above are useful, but might be not suitable for you and your case. In that case, the best solution is to create a boot password reset disk to bypass your forgotten Windows 8 password. To do this, all you need is an efficient Windows password reset utility.
Windows Password Unlocker is a popular Windows password reset tool preferred by most lost Windows password users. It allows you to bypass any forgotten Windows password by burning a boot password reset disk with CD/DVD or USB flash drive. It currently supports Windows 7/Vista/2008/2003/2000. It will be helpful when you forgot Windows 8 password. Following is the how-to：
Part1: Create a boot Windows 8 password reset disk
- Step 1: Download and install the Windows password reset tool in any Windows-based computer that you can run as administrator.
- After that, insert a USB flash drive or CD/DVD in computer and launch the installed application, and then click Burn USB or Burn CD/DVD button to create a password reset disk. The password reset disk will be burned in a few seconds.
Part 2: Reset Forgotten Windows 8 password with boot disk
- Step 1. Insert the burned boot password reset disk in the computer you want to reset password of.
- Step 2. Power on the computer and set it boot from the inserted disk. After loading files, Windows Password Ulocker with all your Windows 8 user aaccounts will appear.
- Step 3. Select the user account you want to reset password of and click Reset button.
- Step 4. Click OK when a dialog box pops up to check if you are sure to reset the password of the selected Windows 8 user account. And the Windows 8 user password will be reset immediately.
- Step 5. Click Reboot button to restart the computer. Please remove the inserted boot disk during restarting.
When the Windows 8 logon screen appears, sign into it without password. That's all! The whole Windows 8 password reset process will cost you no more than 5 minutes. 100% secure. No any data loss or damage. No need to feel frustrated when you forgot Windows 8 password.
Get it Now