How to Remove Windows 7 Password?
As the old saying goes: Every coin has two sides. A strong Windows 7 adds a solid layer of protection for your important data, but it makes you feel annoying if you frequently restart your computer. Removing your Windows 7 password is not recommended, but you can do this job for quicker access to your Windows in the following cases:
Case 1. You are the only user who has physical access to the computer, and you may not need the extra security and can remove Windows 7 password protection entirely.
Case 2. You take a third-party, full-drive encryption, or use a fingerprint authorization system, such as those available for many laptops, and then you may not need the Windows password.
Guide to Remove Windows 7 Password
It can be the easiest way to remove or change Windows 7 password from Control Panel.
- Step 1. Click the Start button, then select Control Panel.
- Step 2. Click User Accounts and Family Safety, and then Click User Accounts.
- Step 3. Click Remove your password in the right side of the window.
- Step 4. Enter your current password in the field provided, then click Remove Password to delete your password.
Now that your Windows 7 account password has been deleted, you will no longer need to log on when your computer starts.
Alternative Solution: Enable Auto Login for Windows 7
If you no longer want to protect your Windows 7 with a password, you don’t need to remove the password directly. Instead, you can make full use of the automatic login feature included in Windows 7, which allows you to log into your computer without entering a password each time you boot.
- Step 1. Click the Start button, type netplwiz in the text search box and press Enter.
This will bring up the User Accounts window.
- Step 2. Uncheck the option that says Users Must Enter a User Name and Password to Use This Computer. Then click Apply.
- Step 3. You’ll see a username and password box. Enter in the appropriate information here and hit OK.
That’s all! You will no longer be prompted to enter your password upon login.
One More Tip: Remove Forgotten Windows 7 Password
In reality, for most users, the reason to remove a Windows 7 password is simply because they forget their passwords and get locked of computer. I’ve seen many questions concerning how to remove Windows 7 password after forgetting it on Yahoo Q & A.
If you are also confused by a similar problem, you can try Windows Password Unlocker, the most popular Windows password reset app at present. Thousands of users appreciate this program as it can help you reset Windows 7 password in a matter of minutes, no matter how long and complicated the lost password is. 100% security is guaranteed. No any data loss or damage. No any computer skills required. No need to reinstall Windows. And the success rate reaches nearly 100%. For any problem, please consult its free technical support.
- Step 1. Download and install Windows Password Unlocker in any PC.
- Step 2. Launch this program and create a bootable password reset disk with a CD/DVD/USB drive in seconds.
- Step 3. Inserted the burned bootable disc in the computer you want to reset password of, and then boot the computer from the disc.
- Step 4. Remove your forgotten Windows 7 password within a few seconds, and then restart computer. Please remove the bootable disc during restart.
- Step 5. Log into your Windows 7 computer without password.
Get it Now