How to Reset Domain Password in Windows Server 2000/2003/2008?
There are both Windows local passwords and Windows domain passwords that you can create in Windows Server 2000/2003/2008. But what should we do if you forgot Windows domain password? Can we reset the password in Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 just as what we did in local account?
Of course, you can ask domain administrator to reset your lost domain password provided you are not the administrator. However, what will you do to reset domain password in Windows Server 2000/2003/20008 if you are the domain administrator with password lost or forgotten?
It is the most direct and simplest way to reset domain password with a reliable Windows password recovery tool. In addition to help you reset Windows administrator password and user password, some Windows password reset software also allows you to reset Windows domain password. Windows Password Unlocker Enterprise is one of these Windows recovery software which can help to reset domain password in Windows Server 2000/2003/2008. Here are the steps to use a flash drive to reset domain password in Windows Server 2000/2003/2008.
Before starting to reset domain password with this Windows password reset tool, a USB flash drive and an available computer with optical driver are required.
- Step 1: Download Windows Password Unlocker Enterprise and install it in any available computer.
- Step 2: Run the Windows Password Unlocker and insert a USB flash drive to computer.
- Step 3: Select Domain Administrator and target USB flash drive, and then click the Burn button to start burning an ISO image file to the USB flash drive.
- Step 4: Click OK when burning process is completed.
- Step 5: Insert the burned USB flash drive into your locked computer and set the computer to boot from USB.
- Note: if you don’t know how to set computer to boot from USB, you can get the detailed steps on Windows Password Unlocker Enterprise User guide.
After your computer restarting with the changed BISO settings automatically, you can see the interface of Windows Password Unlocker Enterprise. Here are 2 options for you to reset domain password in Windows Server 2000/2003/2008.
Option 1: Change Windows domain password for Windows Server 2000/2003/2008
- Step 6: Select target domain user account and Change Domain Password, then click Next.
- Step 7: Set a new password for the selected domain user account.
Note: The password must be at least 8 characters long and contain uppercase letters, lowercase letters and numbers.
- Step 8: Click Reboot to restart computer and log into the domain user account with the new password.
- And now you can enter your Windows domain with the username and password which you have created
Option 2: Create a new admin account for Windows Server 2000/2003/2008
- Step 6: Select Create a New Admin Account and then click Next.
- Step 7: Set the user name and password for the new domain admin account.
- Step 8: Click Reboot to restart computer and log into the new domain admin account.
Tip: You can also modify your account propertities on local account. Enabled or locked-out user account will be enabled or unlocked automatically after removing its password.
It takes less than 5 minutes for you to reset Windows password with the password recovery program. Don’t you think it is very easy to reset domain password with this program?
Get it Now