Top 4 Handy Methods to Reset Windows 7 Password"I forgot my login Windows 7 password, though I could log onto other accounts, I could not download anything without admin account," Mr Obama complains. "My daughter downloaded too much things onto the computer, but now I forgot the password, and I don't have a password reset disk in hand yet. what can I do to reset password on Windows 7?" Ms. Micheal says. Here we gather 4 simple methods on how to reset windows 7 password when forgotten.
- Solution 1. Reset Password with Windows Password Unlocker
- Solution 2. Take A Windows 7 Password Reset Disk
- Solution 3. Reset the password with Typing lusrmgr.msc
- Solution 4. Reset password on Windows 7 from Command Prompt
- Step 1. Download and install Windows Password Unlocker Professional
- Step 2. Burn a bootable CD/DVD or USB. (A USB flash drive is well-recommended as its tiny size but large space.)
- Step 3. Set your target computer to boot from CDROM or USB flash drive
- Step 4. Reset your forgotten Windows 7 password. Insert the burned CD/DVD or USB flash drive into the locked computer. When a window pops up with all your account names, select the target one to reset its forgotten password.
- Reference: Youtube Guide for Resetting Windows 7 password
- Step 1. If you enter the wrong password when you attempt to log on, Windows will display a message that the password is incorrect. Click OK to close the message box.
- Step 2. Click Reset Windows Password, and then insert Windows password reset disk (or other removable media if possible).
- Step 3. Follow the steps in the Password Reset Wizard to create a new password.
- Step 4. Log on with the new creative password.
- Step 1. Log on to the account who owns the credential of an administrator account.
- Step 2. Click the Start button with typing lusrmgr.msc into the Search box, and press Enter Then Local Users and Groups opens. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Step 3. Double-click Local Users and Groups, and then click Users.
- Step 4. Right-click the account that you need to reset the password for, and click Set Password.
- Step 5. Type and confirm the new password.
- Step 1. Press "Win Key+R" and type "cmd" in the "Run" command box and hit enter to open command prompt. And then type "net user" in the command prompt and hit "Enter". The Command Prompt will show you all accounts on your Windows PC.
- Step 2. Type net user xyz Reference: (xyz is the locked admin account's name and 123 is the new password) and press Enter. Now you have successfully created a new password on the locked admin account.
- Step 3. Type "shutdown -r -t 00" and press "Enter". Your Windows 7 PC should be rebooted automatically and you can log in Windows 7 with the new password. It is a simple and easy way to reset window 7 password without disc or a Windows password reset tool yet.
More password reset tips:1. Updated to Windows 8 and forgot the password? Windows Password Unlocker is still an effective option to bypass a forgotten Windows 8 Password.
2. Windows Vista forgot password? Please view the top 3 tips to reset Vista password in a short time.
3. Still stick to Windows XP? You can take advantage of the built-in Windows XP administrator account to reset Windows XP password free. But it’s highly suggested that you update the system ASAP as Microsoft will stop support for Windows XP in 2014.
Get it Now