3 Quick Ways to Reset Forgotten Windows 8 Password
Forgetting Windows login password is extremely frustrating and annoyed, especially when you are urgent to get some important data from a computer. Fortunately, it's possible for you to instantly reset the forgotten password and log into the computer again on your own. Here it will introduce you 3 easy and quick ways to reset Windows 8 password after forgetting it.
Way 1. Use Reset Windows Password Utility
Reset Windows password utilities are regarded as the most widely-used and efficient way to reset lost Windows 8 password, and Windows Password Unlocker is a good example. With this program, you can easily reset Windows 8 password in 5 minutes, regardless of your password strength and computer level. 100% security is guaranteed.
- Step 1: Download and install Windows Password Unlocker in any PC that you can run as admin.
- Step 2: Create a boot Windows 8 password reset CD/DVD or USB drive in seconds.
- Step 3: Boot the target Windows 8 PC from the burned boot password reset disk.
- Step 4: Reset the forgotten Windows 8 user password within 3 clicks.
- Step 5: Sign in Windows 8 without password on its logon screen.
Way 2. Use Previously-created password reset disk
A previously-created password reset disk is, actually, the easiest and fastest way to reset a lost Windows 8 password. With such a password reset disk at hand, you can easily reset Windows 8 password in seconds when you forgot it.
- Step 1: Sign in Windows 8 with a wrong password, and then click OK to close the error message.
- Step 2: Click the Reset Password link to open the Password Reset Wizard.
- Step 3: Insert the previously-created password reset disk in computer, and click Next.
- Step 4: Select the inserted password reset disk and click Next.
- Step 5: Type a new Windows 8 password and password hint, and then click Next.
- Step 6: Click Finish button when Windows 8 password reset is done.
Way 3. Use another Windows 8 administrator account
In Windows 7/Vista/XP, you can easily and quickly reset any other user password when you log in as administrator. This is no exception to Windows 8. So when you forgot Windows 8 password, sign in without another admin account and reset the user password you've forgotten.
- Step 1: Sign in Windows 8 via another administrator account.
- Step 2: Type “user accounts” in the search box and select User Accounts in the search results.
- Step 3: User Accounts windows will open, with All Windows 8 user accounts displayed.
- Step 4: Select the user account that you want to reset password of.
- Step 5: Type a new password twice, a password hint once, and then click Change password button.
Note: All EFS-encrypted files, personal certificates, and stored password for websites and network resources will be lost using this reset Windows 8 password method.
The methods work well when you forgot Windows 8 local user password. If you sign in with a Microsoft account and forgot the password, please reset it on Microsoft account sign-in webpage.
Get it Now