How to Boot From A Windows 7 Password Reset Disk?
Forgot your password on Windows 7? It seems to be a universal trouble with the widespread of Windows 7. To solve this problem, you can either buy a burned Windows password recovery CD on-line or burn such a password recovery disk with Windows 7 password reset software. But no matter which method you choose, you have to boot your locked computer from the password recovery disk. However, you will feel frustrated when you have little computer skill. Take these 2 methods as your reference when you encounter the similar problem.
Of course, firstly, you need to create a Windows 7 password reset disk, and then pay attention on how to boot from the password reset disk .
Insert a burned Windows 7 password reset disk in your locked computer boot the locked computer as follows:
- 1. Turn on or restart the locked computer, watch the screen for a message like "Press to ...enter SETUP "or something similar. Press this key once you see the message to enter BIOS menu.
- Note: The key pressed to enter BIOS is different based on manufacturers, but F2 or Delete are the most common keys
- 2. Use arrows to choose Boot on the taskbar, select Boot Device Priority and press Enter.
- 3. Set CD ROM to the first boot device according to the prompts on the right.
- 4. Press F10 to save and exit BIOS. You computer will restart with the changed BIOS settings
If the method above doesn't work, you can also try to enter "Boot Menu" to boot the locked computer from the burned CD/DVD as follows:
- 1. Insert a Windows 7 password recovery CD in your locked computer.
- 2. Start the locked computer and immediately tap and keep tapping F8, ESC or other keys until the Boot Menu screen appears.
- 3. Select CD ROM as the first boot device and press Enter. After that, your computer will restart with changed bios settings.
PC users can not only set bios password for computer, but also set Windows logon password. If the BIOS is password protected, you need to clear or remove the BIOS password before you can enter BIOS to change boot order.
By the way, if you forgot Windows 7 password or Windows 7 password-protected, it is suggested to take Windows password recovery software by creating a password reset disk. Take Windows Password Unlocker for example, it takes you only 4 steps to burn a bootable CD/DVD for Windows 7 password recovery in 5 minutes. For resetting password for your Windows laptop, you can also create a bootable USB flash Drive.
Step 1: Download and install Windows Password Unlocker Professional in any avaible PC
Step 2: Burn a CD/DVD or USB flash drive password reset disk.
Step 3: Boot from the burned the Password Recovery CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
Step 4: Reset or bypass the lost passwod under Windows PE.
Get it Now